Should i get a Wii or a playstation 2?

I havnt had a game system since a playstation 1. I am comfertable with the playstation controllers and don't know if i will like the wii. also the ps2 games are much cheaper then the wii. cost is important so i cant get anything like a ps3. is getting a ps2 a bad idea because they arent making new games? getting both is not an option because my parents are strict and are barely letting me have one. i have to choose one or the other. also the wii's in my state are sold out for a while. which should i choose?

Favorite Answer

I definitely say the Wii, the PS2 is a great system and if you're looking for some great games, get the PS2, it's gonna be around for about another five years, Sony did say the games would decline though. Yet the Wii is brand new and it has great fun gameplay. Twilight Princess is prolly the greatest game I've ever played. While the PS2 has GTA, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts...if you have enough money though, get both. The PS2 is about 100 dollars now and the Wii is about 300-400 depending where you get it (it retails for 250 but good luck finding it).

If I were you I would get a ps2 because even if they don't make games for ps2 anymore there are still alot of ps2 games out there. Also you said you're more comfortable playing with a play station controller. Another thing is Wii's prices for games are more expensive and you said that the cost is important, Besides Wii's are sold out in your state right?

The wii is very awesome. The only thing that got recalled was the wrist straps on the Wii Remotes 'cause they were too thin. It won't break if you just don't swing too hard. It's the newest and more games will be coming out for it soon. But choose whatever you like best, and be happy with it.

I would get a wii becaues its newer u probley wont get as many good games becaues there made by nintendo and there games are kinda childish but i guess its ok if ur in to stuff like that the ps2 is ok u will get better games but there are so many new game systems but i would go with the wii......i recomend the game red steal =D

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Did you know that tehy just had a recall on all teh Wii's. the controllers were a health hazard or something :p

definitely go with the PS2 but dont be surprised if it breaks after a few years. im on my third ps2.

the first one wouldnt read games.

the second one had some kind of power failure a month after i bought it and the one i have now is working great :)

Did you consider getting a PSP?

• Zikro

If you think you can handle the interactivity of the Wii then go for it. If not then take the PS2 and be happy. Or be a pimp and get the Xbox 360.

definately the Wii..

wii

• check this out. it just says facts about each system. like capacities, games, etc. (NOT MAKING YOU CHOOSE A SIDE).

just helps you see what each system offers you and it helps many out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njw0ZeN9Glw

Youtube thumbnail