Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Can someone please explain the movie "White Noise" to me?

I just watched "White Noise" with Michael Keaton. I am confused on some parts and looking for answers. Like who were the 3 silouettes, evil spirits, angels of death, or something?

Were they the ones that killed his wife or & the others or was it the construction worker? Why did the silouettes attack Michael's character when he tried to save the lady? It was his dead wife that was letting him know about the future deaths of people so he could possibility save them. But then why couldn't he save himself or his wife save him?

This movie gave me goosebumps many times but the second half of the movie was very confusing to me, to figure what actually was happening. Did anyone else get confused toward the end? I was disappointed because it left me with questions and not many answers. Can someone clarify this movie to me? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I completely know what you mean about the movie, but I think in the beginning the wife was actually just letting him know she was there and he became obessed with it all and was messing with things he shouldn't have been playing with and that his wife was giving him warnings. The silouettes I believe were angels of death or evil spirits basically he opened the door to them to attack him at the end.

White Noise The Movie

Movie White Noise

Hi read the story below

White Noise (2005)

Summary 1

When the unexpected happens, architect Jonathan Rivers has become a grieving widower, wallowing in deep confusion over the death of his wife. But a paranormal expert approaches Jonathan with the unlikely: the ability to hear his wife from beyond the grave. Through a form of unusual communication known as EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon), Jonathan will finally be able to see his wife. But in doing so, Jonathan has drawn himself into a much more complex situation when his curiosity becomes an obsession. Only that obsession will have him confront those not of this world, and some of them don't approve of Jonathan's interference with their destructive nature.

White Noise (2005)

Summary 2

The pregnant wife of the architect Jonathan Reeves (Michael Keaton) is missed after a car accident near a cliff, and the police do not know whether she is dead or abducted. Some weeks later, a mysterious man comes to Jonathan and tells him that his wife is dead and had communicated with him through Electronic Voice Phenomena. Sooner Jonathan is informed by the police that her body was found in the sea near a harbor, and the tormented grieving Jonathan decides to try to contact her using uncontrolled E.V.P and jeopardizing his own life.

The images of his wife he saw on the screens was his wife warning him about his death. He misread it and mistaked it for a call for help. At the end he ended up dead with his wife.

i saw that movie about 2 years ago, i'm also confused as you are, and i thought that movie was crap.

i'm in the same boat as you are...this story really confusing..is that evp real bad??