flako1 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

What breed is my dog (pics)?

I think he's a mutt but im not sure what he really is pls help

heres the link to a pic before he got his haircut

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1175/020iw8.png

and heres him now lol

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8607/1574505724...

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2575/1574505852...

thx

He's 1 year old and weighs about 12 lbs

He had his coat shaved because it was kinda getting matted

He also has a docked short tail...

Thx everyone for the answers

Favorite Answer

He's not a mutt. he's either a yorkshie terrier or a silky terrier. both are very similar..and while most of either breed are usually around 5 lbs, i've seen them as big as 16 lbs. his ears should stand up, but as puppies, if you don't keep the ears shaved, they won't stand up.

i'm a dog groomer and groom hundreds of these dogs. their hair is supposed to be long, but as you have found out, it's hard to maintain. next time you get him groomed, don't get his face shaved off. if you give me an email add. i could probably send you a pic of how i trim their heads. you can go to www.petropolis.com.(my employer) and might be able to find one on there. in fact i'll look right now and see if i can find one on there.

He's very cute!!!

Awww! he's adorable How large/ heavy is he? If he's 50-70 pounds I'd say that he was a Airedale Terrier. However, he also resembles a Welsh Terrier (also known as the Black and Tan terrier) which is a medium/smaller dog that can grow up to 20 pounds.

*Edit: srsry, I didn't see your additional details. If he's around 12 pounds then he probably isn't a Welsh or a Airedale. However, his coat looked really silky. Its possible that he's part Yorkie (Yorkshire Terrier) which do weigh around 12 pounds. Anyway, he's definitely part terrier.

My guess is a Yorkshire Terrier & Cocker Spaniel mix, based on appearance & details you have given. As both these breeds have docked tails, the owner probably based his decision to have it done on that - some people do that to mixed breeds anyway, if one of the parents had it done. Definately a mix, though - puebred Silkys & Yorkies have different ear sets & lengths, and short muzzles - those look more Cocker on your dog. He's a cutey!

Source(s): I worked for vets.

Judging from the first photo (I'm glad you provided one before his haircut) he is some sort of terrier cross, which one I am not sure. Maybe there is some Yorkie in the mix.

He kind of looks like a small version of the dog "Buck" from Married with Children. Buck was a Briard sheep dog, not a terrier though.

I would say your dog is a mixture of a couple of breeds but your photos can't tell me much sorry :( but I will try. He is the shape of a schnazer. He has the colour and coat texture of a Australian Silky/yorkie. His head is a bit to long for these breeds so that bring to think he has dachund but I would have to see his body. is he long in body? cause his front legs are structured a bit like a dachund. There could be a traces of shitzu/maltese.

• ?

A "mutt" is any mixed breed animal.

Your dog seems to be a blend of a few different breeds; like his parents are both "mutts" themselves!

I can see some Lhasa Apso, Shihtzu, Beagle or Shepherd (coloring), Poodle, Schnauzer....

Source(s): P.S. "Terrier" is a type of dog...not a specific breed.

I would venture to say that he looks like some sort of terrier mix. maybe scotty/ daschund mix? Not really sure . Just enjoy him and take care of him . Merry christmas and a very joyous new year.

Aww he's cute our dog's a mutt but a lovable one. Our dog got shaved recent to don't listen to the bad coments he looks cute shaved.

SILKY TERRIER go to WWW.akc.org and look up silky terrier. There was also two more that favored him the Norwich terrier and the Norfolk terrier. The pictures of these two are tan but if you read about them they also come in black and tan. I think he is a SILKY TERRIER!

Yorkie / beagle mix? The hair looks like a Yorkie, but shaved he looks more like a small beagle mix.