Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What's ironic to you?

Favorite Answer

Getting maried to avoid all the sexual diseases being spread and then getting herpes, the clap and crabs from your wife after the divorce.

Ironic can be two things:

1. the use of word meaning something other than their literal intention.

2. a series of events that coincide in such a manner as to seemingly contradict each other.

Also dramatic irony is when in a movie or play the audience knows what is going to happen to a character but the charater themsleves does not know what is comming up in the plot line.

I find it ironic that all of us that come onto Yahoo answers have never met each other yet I notice most of us tend to watch each other's backs. Like when someone is Ignorant and disrespectful on an answer. I think it's ironic that I trust some of your answers more so then my friends. Unbiased opionions of situation with the clutter of one's background interfering. Neat! Ironic! '-)

Meating the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

wait, thats from a song.....

I think that people who work for the public and complain about how rude people can be, and then go shopping and are rude to the sales staff are very ironic

• IRONY

Irony is an implied discrepancy between what is said and what is meant.

Three kinds of irony:

1. verbal irony is when an author says one thing and means something else.

2. dramatic irony is when an audience perceives something that a character in the literature does not know.

3. irony of situation is a discrepancy between the expected result and actual results.

Does this clear up a few cobwebs I hope?

It sure did to me!

I cannot think of a concrete example to give you right now but I will let you know as soon as I do, okay buddy?

Take it easy & MERRY XMAS!!!

P.S. Maybe an example of an irony of situation would be when you cannot stand a certain person even though your partner/lover/spouse quite likes them for totally different reasons and you end up sitting at their table sharing your Xmas dinner with them!

Or is that just damn unlucky?!?

Source(s): For more information in great detail, check out this website: http://wikipedia.com/

Its Ironic That You Can't Define "Ironic"...

The Super Bowl being in a city named Jacksonville(2005), one year after the Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake incident(2004).

1) a celebate having sex

2) to find out a woman who thinks ever man that walks the face of the earth is a dog, becomes pregnant for a player.

2) being hit by an ambulance

3) after breaking and entering, being told by parrot named Jonah a rotwilder named Jesus is watching u

4) a person who hates being right

The way some people state something and don't realize they contradict themselves by what they do.

EDIT

What's with the thumbs-down? Does anyone feel guilty? Hahaha...

Denouncing all religion, only to die the next day and you see God just standing there shrugging his shoulders as you fall to hell...ya, i guess thats a lil evil, but whatev.