promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What's ironic to you?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Getting maried to avoid all the sexual diseases being spread and then getting herpes, the clap and crabs from your wife after the divorce.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Ironic can be two things:

1. the use of word meaning something other than their literal intention.

2. a series of events that coincide in such a manner as to seemingly contradict each other.

Also dramatic irony is when in a movie or play the audience knows what is going to happen to a character but the charater themsleves does not know what is comming up in the plot line.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I find it ironic that all of us that come onto Yahoo answers have never met each other yet I notice most of us tend to watch each other's backs. Like when someone is Ignorant and disrespectful on an answer. I think it's ironic that I trust some of your answers more so then my friends. Unbiased opionions of situation with the clutter of one's background interfering. Neat! Ironic! '-)

• 1 decade ago

Meating the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

wait, thats from a song.....

I think that people who work for the public and complain about how rude people can be, and then go shopping and are rude to the sales staff are very ironic

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • IRONY

Irony is an implied discrepancy between what is said and what is meant.

Three kinds of irony:

1. verbal irony is when an author says one thing and means something else.

2. dramatic irony is when an audience perceives something that a character in the literature does not know.

3. irony of situation is a discrepancy between the expected result and actual results.

Does this clear up a few cobwebs I hope?

It sure did to me!

I cannot think of a concrete example to give you right now but I will let you know as soon as I do, okay buddy?

Take it easy & MERRY XMAS!!!

P.S. Maybe an example of an irony of situation would be when you cannot stand a certain person even though your partner/lover/spouse quite likes them for totally different reasons and you end up sitting at their table sharing your Xmas dinner with them!

Or is that just damn unlucky?!?

Source(s): For more information in great detail, check out this website: http://wikipedia.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its Ironic That You Can't Define "Ironic"...

• 1 decade ago

The Super Bowl being in a city named Jacksonville(2005), one year after the Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake incident(2004).

• 1 decade ago

1) a celebate having sex

2) to find out a woman who thinks ever man that walks the face of the earth is a dog, becomes pregnant for a player.

2) being hit by an ambulance

3) after breaking and entering, being told by parrot named Jonah a rotwilder named Jesus is watching u

4) a person who hates being right

• 1 decade ago

The way some people state something and don't realize they contradict themselves by what they do.

EDIT

What's with the thumbs-down? Does anyone feel guilty? Hahaha...

• 1 decade ago

Denouncing all religion, only to die the next day and you see God just standing there shrugging his shoulders as you fall to hell...ya, i guess thats a lil evil, but whatev.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.