Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

Should i buy an open box item on newegg?

I was going to but this graphics card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82... open box, but then as i was checking out it said that it is not guarenteed that all of the cables, adapters are there. It also states that newegg doesn't even take a look at the product, has anyone had a good or bad experience buying open box with newegg?

They only would replace it if the product is defeactive, not if it is missing something.

Favorite Answer

I've had nothing but good experiences with Newegg and I would personally not hesitate to buy an opened box product if it was a good deal and I did not need it urgently. I mean, the worst that can happen is you can tell them it isn't right and send it back.

If it is too cheap to be true then there is a reason for that, If you do that make sure that you can get your money back, and find out how to get your money back before you do it. Make sure the company that you are going to buy from is in a country that you can get your money back, Remember there are a lot of scams out there

I personally wouldn't. It sounds too risky. You might get what you paid for, you might not.. I wouldn't want to buy a video card that's like cracked in half, only to not get a rebate.

Just save up and buy it new!