Why do I loose my desktop after booting my computer?

I loose my desktop after machine boots up. Why?...and How can I fix this problem?

Favorite Answer

I will give u some tips to follow, pls try this, it may work, if my diagnostics are right,

1. please press ctrl + alt + del, inthe task manager, press the NEW TASK button and enter EXPLORER....

It will run the explorer.exe file and u can see ur desktop....

OR

2. Again if u get the same problem, Right click in the desktop, now choose the option, ACTIVE DESKTOP.... don't worry if u don't have ACTIVE DESKTOP option....

OR

3. Please run the KASPERSKY ANTIVIR 6.0, which has the rating percentage of 98.9% for its performance. and then, it is better to run an registry recovery software in the system...

OR

4. If all the above doesn't hold good, pls RE-INSTALL or REPAIR the operating system....

I think anyone of the above will be the soln for ur question...

...Merry Christmas...

Low memory on your computer usually gets it acting stupid.Like say for instance you put a photo of yourself up,then decide to put up a woodland background....you reboot and guess whitch pic pops up?Good old you cheesing for the camera.I had that problem too many times.So i set my wallpaper and hope that is the same one when i come back to it.

Check the CMOS Battery it might have ended up

or just remove memory and replug that

If you are using XP, then try to run a repair installation

wondows are corrupt...Install windows again