Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do I loose my desktop after booting my computer?

I loose my desktop after machine boots up. Why?...and How can I fix this problem?

Favorite Answer

I will give u some tips to follow, pls try this, it may work, if my diagnostics are right,

1. please press ctrl + alt + del, inthe task manager, press the NEW TASK button and enter EXPLORER....

It will run the explorer.exe file and u can see ur desktop....

OR

2. Again if u get the same problem, Right click in the desktop, now choose the option, ACTIVE DESKTOP.... don't worry if u don't have ACTIVE DESKTOP option....

OR

3. Please run the KASPERSKY ANTIVIR 6.0, which has the rating percentage of 98.9% for its performance. and then, it is better to run an registry recovery software in the system...

OR

4. If all the above doesn't hold good, pls RE-INSTALL or REPAIR the operating system....

I think anyone of the above will be the soln for ur question...

...Merry Christmas...

Low memory on your computer usually gets it acting stupid.Like say for instance you put a photo of yourself up,then decide to put up a woodland background....you reboot and guess whitch pic pops up?Good old you cheesing for the camera.I had that problem too many times.So i set my wallpaper and hope that is the same one when i come back to it.

Check the CMOS Battery it might have ended up

or just remove memory and replug that

If you are using XP, then try to run a repair installation

wondows are corrupt...Install windows again