Where can I find a street map (in English) for Riyadh Saudi Arabia??

Favorite Answer

Street maps for Riyadh are purposefully slightly inaccurate and are pretty much useless. The best way to get anywhere is by referring to highway exits, ie, Exit 13, or large streets, ie Olaya, and then compass directions (left, right, north, south, east, west) and major and minor landmarks, ie Al Shola Mall, the Tamimi, Turkish barbershop with the orange sign on the corner, fourth villa on the left, with a brown gate, etc. Been there, done that. Once got directions that began, "We are not at Exit 10." If you are taking a taxi, the driver will not know the names of any minor streets. Many people do not even know the name of the street they live on unless they live in a Western compound on a busy street. You also may find that house numbers in Arabic and Roman do not match. Our villa number in Arabic was 34 but the other was 23. So what, I could still tell a driver how to pick me up or take me home.

Source(s): Six years in Riyadh married to a graphic artist who had access to maps.

any Libary but really u don't need a map u really need either some one to take you every where or start asking people because the maps are not that helpfull in Riyadh

If you are in Riyadh, I suggest you visit a Jarir bookstore branch.

They have pretty much everything :-p

Zahid maps are good, from what I've heard.

ms streets and trips will give you a street map for any city in the world.

http://www.microsoft.com/streets/default.mspx

Get Google Earth and install it on your system.