I receive mail with chinese characters but they come out garbage.?

I used to receive mail in both English and Chinese without any problems. I want an English Yahoo interface that can read Chinese characters. How do I do that?

Favorite Answer

You may have to install the language capability within your browser. Also to solve such problems, you may install language software which can act as interface between your browser and the language.

Instal the language capability click on Tools from your browser, Internet Options, Language, the language prferences will come to your screen. Click Add and chose the additional language you want to to be displayed on the same website with the English Language.

Your problem should be over by this answer. However, if yuou have done this, and no result, your browser might have become corrupted, hence reinstall the browser by downloading.

You have to be sure that not only can the Yahoo that you are using be able to display the characters (in UTF-8 is good) but also that your computer and browser themselves are capable of displaying the characters. This may include setting up windows to be able to read them by installing the East Asian language package from the Control Panel -> Languages.

It may be possible that yahoo US may not be able to display them because of the way the system is programmed. A quick email to tech support might be a good idea too.

That means the e-mail did not download properly. When that happens to me, I ask the sender to try sending it again. If you have two different e-mail accounts, have the sender try e-mailing it to the OTHER account.

Tools----->Internet Options----->Languages----->Add....----->Chinese----->Highlight it----->Press "move up until it is on the top.....