Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Sweet Honey asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

How do u get rid of a hairbump after its already formed?

I am prone to getting hair bumps on my lower stomach area when ever I shave or wax...how do I get rid of them once they form???

Favorite Answer

Use an exfoliating thing, like a loofah sponge or those gloves you get at body shop. Also, apply Tend Skin.

Aloe Vera, also consider other hair removal devices. Dipilitories have come a long way. Just test your skin first. Apply the dipilitory to.......say your knee. Wait 4 hrs. If there is no inflamation it is safe to use, gingerly on more sensitive areas.

Shaving encourages hair growth. Depilitories depress hair growth.

After shaving a run cold water on the area before getting out of the shower. It closes up the now sensitive pores before you expose them to the open air and possible bacteria.

get the hair removed by laser or dont remove it at all, put alcohol on the shaved area as soon as you have shaved, or use antibiotic ointment, before they form.

you should get witch hazel its a all natural toner and after you shave just rub it on the areas and it doesn't burn you can find it at any grocery store.

i would reccomend to try ceramic rock with a thousand tiny holes.