My friend is chinese but she was born with red hair!?

Is there a genetic code or something?? it is pretty but people look at her weirdly. And I know that all of her relatives have black hair. Help her out!

Favorite Answer

I had light brown hair growing up but I grew out of it. I wish I still had it, it made me different. I know a few Japanese people who have naturally brownish-red hair. It's rare, but it's not unheard of and definitely not something to be ashamed of.

Anyways, if anthropologists are correct and we all started out in the same place, the red-hair gene should still be in some Asians' genes. Or it could just be that one of her ancestors did a white person.

This is just a genetic code. Call her to take it easy. Having red hair is great...where someone wants red hair but have black hair instead...

My mother is CHinese and when she said when she was young, she had red hair. SHe grew out of it eventually. I read somewhere that red hair is an indication of malnutrition in Chinese. It is possible that she may have some caucasian blood in her. The Ainu is a Caucasion group that is found in Northern Japan, but is found historically as far West as Manchuria. Mongols brought Russians to China when they invaded China.

Sounds to me like there must have been an Irishman or Scot somewhere in her background. Begorra, there is nothing wrong with that. She should be happy to be a little different than the majority, it probably makes her stand out in a crowd and it is probably beautiful. She should be gloating that she doesn't have to do the monthly hair touch-ups, they are a real pain at times. She sounds lovely to me.

We cannot be judged by our genetic structure, because we didn't choose it. Still, it's a good idea to accept and make the most of what we've got.

China. Red hair. Female. Cool. Tell her to party well and work hard.

It's all recessive genes. Dominant genes give you brown and black hair and dominate over recessive genes, hence more people with dark hair while recessive genes require both parents to have it and give you light hair. But sometimes they can sneak up on you. Maybe her great-great-great grandma had red hair. I know all of my relatives on my dad's side has black hair, but dad and his brother have light brown hair, while his sister sits pretty with blond!

China has a long and ancient history of trade, and some descendants of Chinease who may have been mixed along trade routes may come out with green eyes, red hair, you name it.

Its the beauty of being human.

She should dye her hair black

that can be traced to family history, recessive and dominant traits, including color of the hair.