Do you associate rainbows with gay people?

Has society taken away my rainbow and given it to gay people.

Do you think of gay people when you see a rainbow. Will it now always be that way.

Favorite Answer

When I see an actual rainbow in the sky, I never think about it. When I see it in print, I do. I don't see how, though, that takes it away from anybody.It can always mean a rainbow and only a rainbow to you. No one can take that from you anymore than seeing a Thunderbird, (condor), emblem on a car can take away the experience you get from seeing one in the sky.

Speaking as a gay man the rainbow has not been taken by gay people it is just used by us as a sign of hope and should be used by everyone as just that for a better tomorrow for all people

• Wabbit

I believe the rainbow to be a symbol of God's word to Noah that God will never again destroy the majority of human-kind.

To think of gays when you see a rainbow only strengthens their self-induced cause to be recognized. Go back to what the symbol really represents...You'll be happier, unless you are of an alternative lifestyle...

• Jessy

yes...i see a rainbow on a car or something i assume that person is gay. i think it will always be that way unless a major movement to defend a rainbows rights to be an independent party is initiated. you may be its founder if you like...keep us posted on how it goes. good luck.

• jom

Rainbows have been a sign of hope since the ancient story of Noah and the Flood. It is a sign of hope to ALL people. No one can take your sign of hope away.

Yes, it is a symbol for gay people now and I am sad about it. Rainbows belong to everyone.

• No, liked them a long time before the rainbow coalition was formed.

Truthfully, yes, most of the time.

At the same time, I am puzzled by why the gay community chose to adopt symbols that have tremendous appeal to preteen girls.

being irish, i associate rainbows with pots of gold and the leprechauns.

no!!!. rainbow is for good life with the different life colors it represents.