Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Which movie had the lyrics "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE"? Sung (I think) by an Asian woman or...

a woman who sounded to ME kinda like Yoko Ono? Right after the lyrics there was a harsh "ta-da-da-da". Seems to me that the snipet of film that was playing during tha lyrical line was somebody applying makeup or doing drugs. I thought it was from Mulhulland Drive, but now I don't think so.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like "money" -- I think it's the version by the Flying Lizzards (?) and it was a new wave hit in the 80s. "The best things in life are free. But you can give them to the birds and bees...I want Money! That's what I want..." The "Ta-da-da-da sounds like "that's what I want." Let me know what you think.

• 1 decade ago

The Flying Lizards version was in Empire Records. Probably the only part of that movie I enjoyed.

• 1 decade ago

I think the group was the flying lizards

• 1 decade ago

This song was in The Wedding Singer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.