Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Which movie had the lyrics "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE"? Sung (I think) by an Asian woman or...

a woman who sounded to ME kinda like Yoko Ono? Right after the lyrics there was a harsh "ta-da-da-da". Seems to me that the snipet of film that was playing during tha lyrical line was somebody applying makeup or doing drugs. I thought it was from Mulhulland Drive, but now I don't think so.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like "money" -- I think it's the version by the Flying Lizzards (?) and it was a new wave hit in the 80s. "The best things in life are free. But you can give them to the birds and bees...I want Money! That's what I want..." The "Ta-da-da-da sounds like "that's what I want." Let me know what you think.

The Flying Lizards version was in Empire Records. Probably the only part of that movie I enjoyed.

I think the group was the flying lizards

This song was in The Wedding Singer.