Is it possible to expand/change a graphics card in a laptop? most specificaly in a HP pavilion dv6000 series.?

I want to buy a laptop (HP pavilion dv6000 series) but it comes with the Intel graphics media acelerator, I'd like to check it out but I'd like to know if I could add a graphics card with dedicated video (128 or 256) in case I don't like the Intel graphics media acelerator!!! is it possible?

• Titan
    Favorite Answer

it is possible if it is being offered with the option to choose. but if that option is not available then, no you cannot.

A manufacturer which gives you a choice of cards is Alienware.

It is probably the video card in the laptop, they are pretty slow still and probably not enough to handle the game. Laptops have built in video cards that share memory so if the game uses a lot of memory the video card loses it.