broadband router, access point, voip???

i want a broadband router + access point with voip phone port service and g729 codec all in one.

suggest me the models.

Favorite Answer

I have not seen the three of these in one. The latest I ave seen is with the Linksys N which had came out after the Lingsys G.

It sounds like it is is faster and more distance that would help definately with voip. However, if you have b/g devices connected I am not certain those are compatible. The Linksys

WRT300N is advertised as 3 in 1.

1) Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect to the network without wires. 2) Built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. 3) Router function with a DHPC server. The voip base should plug directly into the router and work directly from there. Sounds like the N will give you a fast connection with it also.

Hope it works out for you.

• Wabbit

If you have a broadband service Netzero has a VOIP called Netvoice. I subscribe to it at $14.xx/mo. and it's pretty cool. You'll find you won't want your plain old answering machine anymore.

i thought all broadband router can use viop? just u have to buy the viop phone or something