Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

broadband router, access point, voip???

i want a broadband router + access point with voip phone port service and g729 codec all in one.

Update:

suggest me the models.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have not seen the three of these in one. The latest I ave seen is with the Linksys N which had came out after the Lingsys G.

It sounds like it is is faster and more distance that would help definately with voip. However, if you have b/g devices connected I am not certain those are compatible. The Linksys

WRT300N is advertised as 3 in 1.

1) Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect to the network without wires. 2) Built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. 3) Router function with a DHPC server. The voip base should plug directly into the router and work directly from there. Sounds like the N will give you a fast connection with it also.

Hope it works out for you.

• Wabbit
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If you have a broadband service Netzero has a VOIP called Netvoice. I subscribe to it at $14.xx/mo. and it's pretty cool. You'll find you won't want your plain old answering machine anymore.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i thought all broadband router can use viop? just u have to buy the viop phone or something

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.