Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

THE U.S. DRAFT...Will you go MEN?

I have read that in 2009 the U.S. government is starting to test the draft machine. Only getting it ready just incase. I love the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA(i am CHEROKEE). I'm of age.. I have 3 brothers..1 older and 2 younger, I would go before I let them go. But of course of a lover not a fighter.. i am afraid of war...back to my question..will you go?

Favorite Answer

In 2009, i will be 26. . so therefore, i will not go. . ... . when a man turns 26, he won't be drafted unless they are really desperate.

My opinion only....please dont tell the FBI or CIA....ASIO ASIS or the Russians to poison me with radio active material.

Being an Australian the draft does not effect me...yet i always wonder about US foriegn policies seeing as our policies are directly effected by them depending on our government at the time. I recall stories about Oliver North drugs gun running the CIA Vietnam............. it is not that the President or government cannot be trusted.... but the military have a significant job to do...they themselves have a need to be wanted and a need to be seen as important for their own desires of self importance....the advisers to the heirachy also need to justify their own importance.

America years ago had just dad working and mum at home with the kids and was the wealthiest and strongest economy without the economic deficit it has occurred.It is important to be aware of troubles overseas and be prepared for invasions by other forces but it is another matter to invade another country for whatever reason under the guise of "it is in the interests of the United States". In the interests of means collateral damage by means of "can we afford the votes and loss of life against the economic advantages of testing new weapons that have been developed " and the monies made by the sale to other countries of these weapons......eg missiles and war planes.

And of course the unemployment of people in these areas and of cos the monies lost by the companies involved.......why not try the alternative........give peace a chance..... John Lennon.

Little Brother, our people have always been ther when there was a fight. I served in Viet Nam, two of my 3 sons have fought in Iraq, whilest those who make war with words wil not be seen so much in battle , we ahve always made our presence known. I pray that you do not have to fight in another war, but that if you do you are strong, honorable, and come home alive.For we must also fight for our people here. Only a fool is not afraid of war.

Paul Grass Lakota

I have a gut feeling that alot of people are going to proclaim themselves gay to avoid the draft. If they do not want to be drafted, they will just say sorry I can't be in the millitary and make that up. Just watch and see. The US may need to change it's policy on this one.

I'm a woman, and therefore probably won't be drafted. However, if they decide to start drafting women, I'll try to flee to Canada or elsewhere. If I can't flee, I'll shoot myself in the head and leave a note that reads, "Go to hell".

Or even better, maybe I'll go to Iraq and commit treason.

Theres no if. You either follow the draft or you go to jail. I wouldn't want some wacky way out of it either. Nothing like dodging draft and later people point finger at you for being wuss.

• pepper

Whoever suggested the draft and his children can go. No reason why young people should die or get maimed because a bunch of old fogies can't get along. And if oil companies want their billions, they can send their CEOs and managers to fight.

i doubt the draft will become an issue, it was rep. Rangle (ny i belive) who suggested it in last month or so, but i don't see it being passed and put back in force

No. I'll claim political asylum somewhere.

depends on what we fightin for in the future...corparate america or for the people