Keratoconus?

I have keratoconus can any one recommend me a particular doctor or know of the latest advancements in treatments or procedures. I have one eye in an advanced stage an will require a corneal transplant. I have not been to the doctor in about 5 years but i know he will tell me that i need a transplant.

Also any tips on cost savings for transplant procedures

Insurance policies that will cover costs etc.

Favorite Answer

Depends of the country you are, I am in Venezuela and I have had Keraconus since I was 16 years old. I am 22 at the moment and already lost complete vision on left eye and more than 50% in the right one. My mother took me to several doctors and she is fighting for me to have cornea transplant, doctors say I should wait until I am 25. What is the use of that if I can´t see?

There are several pages about keratoconus in the net, you should search and find more information.