roxygirl96816 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My cat has a huge fur problem?

I took my cat into the vet about a month ago, because he had an infection on his back that went bad. The vet gave me an anti-fungal spray and change his food to Science Diet! His fungus problem has gone, but it seems that he got worst. He has licked himself raw. He has no fur under his belly and now is licking his leg areas. I tried all the products that were bitter and was suppose to help him stop licking himself, but it does not affect him. I also have these natural shampoo that suppose to soothe his skin, but it does not seem to work! (I really don't want to give him up, but he is beggining to stink really bad. If I don't do something soon, my father is going to take him to humane society!) I know that he does not have fleas or ticks. He was an indoor cat, but since he really stinks, I have to leave him in the garage. I also thought he was depress or stress. But someone is alway home to make sure he was okay! I just don't know what to do and please help me!!

Favorite Answer

I would try the vet again. If he doesn't know, ask about a specialist that your cat can see.

I had a cat that was causing it self a similar baldness. it is a type of self imposed alopecia. Initially the vet gave her a steroid with some antibiotics. they did the trick for a few but after a while she did it again. It was stress related for her, and became a habit. All the vet tests on her came back negative. The article said to distract the cat. I bought her a bird feeder and put it outside our rear window. The bird show distracted her from licking, and her sores eventually went away. That broke the habit for her and she no longer licks.

i understand that it may look logical to think of that the knots interior the fur is by way of the dimensions in a Forester cat, yet matty/knotty fur is likewise a demonstration that she is probable no longer getting all of the foodstuff she desires. I recommend getting her some moist foodstuff besides as dry foodstuff, and attempt utilizing some puppy conditioning spray once you're combing her.. the silkier her fur, the less probably to get knotted. meanwhile the areas that are knotted, in basic terms decrease out. i do no longer recommend shaving, as fur is her protectant from the climate, it takes a protracted time to advance decrease back- and that's a quick term answer. good luck... Norweigian's are the main beauitful cats!

Im super sorry to tell u this but my niece had a cat that went through the same thing the but dont spend ur money on anymore vet fees my sister ended up paying like 800.00 in nothing but fees and the cat still died, once they have that disease it wont go away i recommened to put him/her to sleep because its really suffering. I mean im just letting you know so u wont spend anymore money. I know it sucks and hurts but its better so it dont hurt anymore.

does he have mange? That is where they lose fur dogs and cats get it.

TAKE HIM TO A GOOD VET...

give her a chew toy so she will be distracted

ask your vet.