Was my wedding legal?

We got married in Aruba. We flew in, drank margaritas on the beach, filled out some paperwork in Aruba and got married on the beach. How can I find out if this wedding was legal and valid here in U.S.?

Favorite Answer

Vince...what were you thinking..UH I bet she's got a great set of personalities right? split personalities now.LOL

OK So NOW you are HOPING the marriage wasn't legit. If you filled out paperwork, it was probably legit. and some states in the US have common-law marriage, if her name was on the deed to the house. and you purchased it as a married couple,she will still get half.

Perhaps you should get back on the wagon. and stay there!

I would go to City Hall and ask the people at the marriage liscense department. If they do not know the answer I am sure they can direct you to the person who does. I hope the marriage is a good thing =) Good luck

The first question is, are you trying to make sure it's legal so you can stay married? If the answer is yes, simple solution:

Ask a lawyer. Ask someone with legal expertise.

Contact your local court house, *license division" and ask them bring in the paper work you received so they can tell you if it is legal

go to you local court house or city hall they will have all the answers there

um, you lived with as husband and wife for 5.5 years, raising her kid as your own, and NOW your wondering if your really married?

Yes dear, you are really married no matter what country you did it in or how drunk you were..