What do you think of these baby names?

What do you specifically think of these listed names?

Girls:

Rowan

Ellery

Romy

Calla

Boys:

Grady

Augusten

Stellan

• zilmag
    Favorite Answer

Girls:

Rowan - I think of it as a male name, and it seems kind of mannish on a woman to me.

Ellery - very yuppie, not my thing.

Romy - great, stylish, especially if short for Rosemary or Romana

Calla - nice! Elegant image

Boys:

Grady - kind of gruff but seems fashionable

Augusten - artificial ending, I prefer Augustin or Augustine, but not bad. I don't care for the short form Gus though. I'd call him Augie

Stellan - nice. Only drawback would be that it reminds of Stella, but that's no big deal in my book.

What great names! They're really sturdy names if that makes sense. They don't sound trendy at all.

My favorites are Calla and Augusten. I really, really love them.

Good job.

The other ones I like but they remind me of certain things.

Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in

Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion

Wasn't there an old man on some old black and white show named Grady? Mabye on Leave it to Beaver? lol

Anyway, those names are nice, just for me personally I wouldn't name MY kids that because of what my mind conjures up.

Girls:

Rowan - boys name, not cool for a girl

Ellery - same as above, it's a boys name, not cool for a girl

Romy - terrible name

Calla - the best of a bad lot (if you MUST use one of these four names, use this one - by default, it's the "winner")

Boys:

Grady - sounds like the town drunk in an old Western movie

Agusten - not bad, sounds like a Roman emperor

Stellan - do you WANT your son to get daily schoolyard beatings from kindergarden til 12th grade? If not, do NOT use this name, it's AWFUL!!!!! It's also way too close to "Stella" - so the kids will pelt him with homophobic slurs, as well as fists

Source(s): I'm a middle school teacher who wishes parents would give their kids NORMAL names! Your "cute" and "trendy" name will cause your child untold misery in school!
  • Adios

Here are my choices:

Romy for the girl (there was a beautiful actress many years ago with the name: Romy Schneider)

Grady for a boy just because it sounds strong and masculine.

If I were young enough to have more children, my names would be: Samuel for a boy and Grace for a girl.

I think you have to be more fussy when it comes to naming a son since the first name has to "flow" with the last name, i.e. if your last name was Wheylan, you wouldn't want your son to be: Stellan Wheylan! With girls, you could knock yourself out with this theory and after all your research end up have a Rowan marrying a Bruce Bowen, making her Rowan Bowen!

I think Rowan would be better as a boys name than a girls name. Ilike the name Calla.The other girls names sound like they are nicknames. Augusten is a good name for a boy, but if you changed it to Augusteen or Augustenia it would be good for a girls name also. Grady is good name, again it sounds like a nickname. Stellan I'm not exactly sure about.

Most of the girl names sound male. Calla is ok though I guess. The boy names sound old english. Grady though sounds kinda hillbilllyish.

Rowan is a mans name.

Augusten? Stellan?

How about Steven, Robert, Allen, Ted, David, Kevin, Kurt for a boy?

• Lydia

Rowan and Ellery are boys names.

I like Calla for a girl. Not thrilled by the boy choices.

I don't like the names. But I guess Calla is alright.

I like the girls names, but the boys names, not so much.

What do you think about Clay, Bryce, Austin, or Cole?

How about Magnus, Xavier, Trent, or Reed? Just a few suggestions! Caleb is also nice.