my pc keeps freezing, when i visit a web site, i get.. program not responding. HELP?

deleted files, cookies, history. ran spyware,adware, antivirus, nothing. i am not very pc savvy, so please don't send me complicated fixes, it could only make matters worst. every site i visit freezes. HELP

STAN

Favorite Answer

perhaps a windows re-installation will be good

An internet connection can become slow or stop working due to a number of reasons depending on the type of the connection. Many of the problems can be solved by making software changes or small hardware corrections. Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yl62gz

You could try the System Restore which takes you back to a time when your computer was working good. Go To:

start

programs

accessories

systems tools

system restore

This process is completely reversable. And does not remove your personal files. Just go back one checkpoint at a time until your puter is working good again.

E

• englin

You pose an tremendously confusing question - so i visit take a bunch of years of adventure fixing laptop's and are available up with some "skill" gotchas. till now you flow off the deep end and think of basically fool could make this mistake, i could desire to humbly permit you be attentive to, i think of I even have carried out all of them. additionally, i'm an MCSE CCNP and C++ qualified "previous guy" a million. you do no longer tell me whilst you're utilising a instantaneous keyboard, they're infamous approximately no longer with the flexibility to maintain up with cpu cycles bc of undesirable soutbridge chips. additionally, keeing xmitter and key board precise next to a minimum of one yet another enables 1A. put in no longer uncomplicated cord keyboard and mouse 2. do you have a adequate quantity of cpu thermal paste between the mobo and cpu. I even have surely considered structures shipped that had none, or minimum touch and had cpu overheat issues 3. double examine (esp whilst you're working domicile windows) placing on administration panel and mouse 4. what concerns me maximum is the very genuine threat is a foul 1000w capability furnish. I even have considered capability furnish change outs that led to each and every variety of issues. basically because of the fact it somewhat is 1000 watts potential no longer something, bc if between the rails is "mis-firiing" it could have you ever thru the shorts till finally you could no longer stand it anymore 5. final, I had a matching difficulty, and it became the mobo. the reason I shop getting returned to aspects is your remark approximately "after 30 minutes" leads me to "thermal growth" themes. as quickly as that mobo heats up, properly a cap or resistor is in all threat increasing and then inflicting a thermal injury i'm uncertain i could like being on your footwear, yet terrific desires for looking the difficulty. desire I gave you some sturdy leads.

Are you using IE? IE got a lot of bugs!

Use Mozilla Firefox 2.0, less bugs. You can download it at mozilla.com! Still didn't work? Use system restore!

Re-installing Windows just because of this problem is nonsense...

Read this to find your answer:

http://www.helpero.com/Questions-and-answers/Inter...

http://www.helpero.com/Questions-and-answers/Compu...

Helpero is a web site that helps every Internet user, from all over the world, solve any computer related problem. You can ask Helpero for free.

I had the same kind of problem, in my case system file was corrupt. You can try checking the system files for errors. If you have your os cd. Then goto command prompt and type "sfc/scannow", it will check your system file for errors.

If still there is a porblem you can try reinstalling operating system.

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr

its a normal problem everyone has it you should install a adwere & spywere antivirus programme in your comp.

have you tried the simple approach?refresh(F5)

if that doesn't work try rebooting.

if you can come back if it persists we'll try something else