Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

Could this elbow pain be more than just bruising?

During a racquetball game about three weeks ago, I was moving quickly toward the back wall to hit the ball forward, and my momentum carried me into the wall -- hard. I doing so, my right elbow got squashed between me and the wall. The pain was momentarily severe, but I was able to continue playing. After a few days there was external evidence of bruising, which then disappeared a couple of days later. However, I continue to have a very sharp pain in the joint whenever I rotate my wrist in a backhand motion, especially while lifting something. Should I just wait it out, or could there be joint damage (cartilage, perhaps?) warranting medical attention? Again, there was no twisting or hyperextension; it was simply down at my side at about a 90-degree angle when it got compressed between my ribcage and the wall.

Possibly relevant info: age =42, weight = 210, physical condition = decent.

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yup. After three weeks if you are still experiencing pain, you need to have the arm examined. See a doc. Rest it, though, in the meantime. No more racquetball until cleared. RN

  • 5 years ago

    comparable ingredient happened to me it replaced into so undesirable I couldnt stroll and had to be in a wheel chair, this enables for the swelling and in basic terms approximately directly made it greater useful. Get a bowl or bucket of in basic terms approximately boiling warm water and mis it with salt placed your foot in there to take a seat back for no less than an hour. The greater circumstances you do it the quicker it somewhat is going to heal :) maximum suitable desires

  • 1 decade ago

    go to the doctor and if he cant see you soon go to the hospital or some other place. You might have broke it or twisted it.

    Source(s): I just went to the ER last night and my leg is broken and i have been walking on it for 3 weeks
  • 1 decade ago

    you should get your elbow checked by the doctor... sometimes you might have twisted your elbow joint (i know this, because i got it before) or there might be a hairline fracture

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It could be tendonitis This is only a guess

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.