Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

Could this elbow pain be more than just bruising?

During a racquetball game about three weeks ago, I was moving quickly toward the back wall to hit the ball forward, and my momentum carried me into the wall -- hard. I doing so, my right elbow got squashed between me and the wall. The pain was momentarily severe, but I was able to continue playing. After a few days there was external evidence of bruising, which then disappeared a couple of days later. However, I continue to have a very sharp pain in the joint whenever I rotate my wrist in a backhand motion, especially while lifting something. Should I just wait it out, or could there be joint damage (cartilage, perhaps?) warranting medical attention? Again, there was no twisting or hyperextension; it was simply down at my side at about a 90-degree angle when it got compressed between my ribcage and the wall.

Possibly relevant info: age =42, weight = 210, physical condition = decent.

Favorite Answer

Yup. After three weeks if you are still experiencing pain, you need to have the arm examined. See a doc. Rest it, though, in the meantime. No more racquetball until cleared. RN

comparable ingredient happened to me it replaced into so undesirable I couldnt stroll and had to be in a wheel chair, this enables for the swelling and in basic terms approximately directly made it greater useful. Get a bowl or bucket of in basic terms approximately boiling warm water and mis it with salt placed your foot in there to take a seat back for no less than an hour. The greater circumstances you do it the quicker it somewhat is going to heal :) maximum suitable desires

go to the doctor and if he cant see you soon go to the hospital or some other place. You might have broke it or twisted it.

Source(s): I just went to the ER last night and my leg is broken and i have been walking on it for 3 weeks

you should get your elbow checked by the doctor... sometimes you might have twisted your elbow joint (i know this, because i got it before) or there might be a hairline fracture

It could be tendonitis This is only a guess