1 gb usb drive shows less capacity?

1 gb usb drive was working fine...but then 1 formatted it and for some reason its capcaity appears now as 115mb.

Favorite Answer

Yes it can happen and there are no easy solutions. It is known that formating a usb drive can change its capacity. Try to return it to the shop and exhange if you can.

Did you buy the USB flash drive off ebay or from a online auction/store..If so they its probably a 128mb USB some people have figured a way to hack the USB and change what it shows/appears to be. Maybe when you formatted it it wiped what they did to it and now shows the true size or it might be going bad. I have had 1gb ram show up as 662mb on a single stick. The ram was on the way of failing....Thanks

• hamic

they seem to are transforming into to be usually commoditized. bypass on the positioning of a corporation, specify the size you decide on, then click on type by prince, low to intense. as a thank you to now no longer make my answer seem as though an incorrect advert posting, I won't supply the URLs, yet you need to think of of a few intense-quantity on line retailers to purpose... many times situations you may get those for particularly a dollar a gigabyte, plus delivery. (I even have been given my cutting-edge 32G thumbdrive a pair of weeks in the previous for some element like $26 + S&H...)

try to reformat