? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Hiber / Standby has quit working?

Hello I have a question... Sorry if this has been asked in advance im new to all this....

Ok my question is.... This computer had WIN XP..... well I got tired of xp OEM piece of doo doo crashing and me having to constantly format the computer I tried WIN 98 and ME on here.... and 2000 well I used them for a few months last year and ended up putting xp piece of doo doo home edition on here and I noticed that HIBER and STANDBY had quit working..Now when I use it, and I put the computer into one of those modes and I wake it up.... I see the HP INVENT screen then the XP HOME splash screen.... I even turned off the IN AN EVENT OF AN ERROR DONT REBOOT and when I did that you would put the computer to bed and when you woke it up XP WOULD BLUE SCREEN.... LOL..... But, now I am sticking with WIN2K because I have had NO PROBLEMS OUT OF IT.... but when I use those modes in 2000 the computer tower comes back on and the monitor stays blacked out with the orange lite.. So im wondering what happnd?

Favorite Answer

You may need specific drivers for your computer. Check the HP support site for drivers for your specific computer and follow the instructions to install them.