Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

I stole a glass/beer mug!?

I was at a bar after drinking I took the mug. should i take it back or just keep it i feel bad. I am 30 yrs old and I have never took anything in my life, also I cant just leave it there(outside the door) the glass is so nice someone will take it. So what should I tell them if I take it back????

Favorite Answer

That sounds like something that would bother me, too. I'd take it back, tell them that you had a little too much to drink and accidently took it home with you. I guarantee that they'll be shocked that you bothered to bring it back. Most bars constantly replace mugs/glasses. I read somewhere that the average lifespan of a glass at a bar is somewhere in the ball park of three weeks.

Hi Dan is it worth it too feel as a thief and carry this guilt for the sake of a piece of glass? I would give it back not that the bar needs it,but more because you don`t and the feeling of relief will be worth it.

Gee that's a tough one! If you keep it you will feel guilt! If you take it back you will feel embarrassment! Try this....."Go to a local store in your town or city and steal something else ( don't get caught) and then wait until the guilt hits again! This time it won't be so bad I believe! That will help you get over it my friend!

• Ted T

Take it back and tell them you found it outside. That way you reduce theft to a little white lie. He. He.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I would if it were me. If I don't live by my principles, I feel lousy. Sound like you feel lousy too... maybe you should be asking *how to go about* giving it back.

I think you have a new beer mug now.

ENJOY

Keep it and get over the guilt.

If you feel bad about it, take it back. Say you were drunk and forgot you were holding it. I don't think they'll mind. http://www.united-nations-of-beer.com/

• ?

bring it back. you don't want to be a thief.