i need help with my new pc.?

my new pc wonk work, the monitor is blacked out. i tried everything separately and they all work fine but when i power it up it doesnt even boot.

my setup is pentium d 2.66

geforce 7600gt

foxconn board

generic ram

250 sata.

pls help!!!!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If it will not power up, there is a good chance that something in it is not hooked up (CPU fan) or the wrong RAM is installed. The best thing to do is to remove everything but the video card and see if that works, if it does, add more until it doesn't and that will be the faulty piece. If it still doesn't, check all of the cable connections. You might also want to verify the power supply voltage setting, as most can be either 120 or 240 volt. If this is set wrong, it will not work. The motherboard has to send a power good signal to the power supply or it will not run as well. Also make sure that the mouse and keyboard are not in the wrong spots, as this will stop most newer boards. Hope this helps

Source(s): PC repair Technician and Website Admin. Developer since 1990 http://crownpc.no-ip.info
  • 1 decade ago

If the monitor is blinking with out any signal try to place the "RAM" in another slot ,if it fails remove battery on mother board and switch on the system........

• kevin
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i think its the monitor try checking the cable

• 1 decade ago

did you set your BIOS? and if you built it, you might want to check all the cables again to make sure they are plugged in correctly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.