promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is the difference betwin time & place?

what is time

what is place

what is the difference betwin time & place

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kinda like,knowing what hour,by the clock,to arrive and knowing where U are suppose to be.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • zingis
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Time is just another component of place...

We can see another time when we look at the stars at night, just as we see another place.

If I say to you that I am in position 40 degrees 44.88minutes north and 073 degrees 59.13minutes west, you may think you can pull out a globe and figure out where I am. You would be mistaken if you thought that was my exact position. You assumed that my elevation was ground level, but I may be on the 80th floor of the Empire State Building. Without the floor number and a way to get there, the other info is helpful but not complete.

Likewise we assume that time is 'now'. It is a dimension of place even though just like some elevations in the past, we are stuck at one level of that dimension.

But then, when you're trippin' the void, it all comes together in the worm hole, dude!

Peace

• 1 decade ago

Time.Time is merciless. It does not wait for anyone. Such is time's cruelty.Time is ubiquitous. It runs through each and every person's fate. Time is more precious than gold or diamonds. It is to be used profitably though it is prone to being wasted and misused.Such is time.

Place is in the influence of time. As you ask this question, the similarities between time and place and the relation of time and place are coming to be formed in my mind. Not deviating from the posed question, place can behold many people - but not as much in number as time can. Place is the source of trait. What you follow , what you are depends on where you are born. Place is not cruel though places can have the potential to harm people, if you get what I am trying to communicate.

Hope I have defined the differences.

Thank you.

• 4 years ago

i ask your self if the guy is retarded or basically performing retarded? Have they stumbled on the truth - the most important open secret in society - that females obviously haven't any sexuality - and definitely - through asking this Socratic question they are drawing interest to the very section that exposes the information. Dont difficulty in case you didnt exercising consultation his previously - it basically ability you're mentally subnormal and your existence is determined through media suggestion and also you have not any unique theory or any experience of instinct and truth. So is the questioner a genius or a fool? obviously the different solutions are written through morons with out a clue about truth or biology! i might want to supply you a itemizing of one hundred experiments - regardless of the indisputable fact that it wouldnt make any distinction - i provides you with with one which proves the point that any one linked to the web can do and my students have done - %. any tumblr web page featuring male fashions or nudes - seem on the list of 100s of reposts and "likes" see what number women there are. that's an illustration of sexuality - it really is an purpose characteristic there for all to work out. almost all my researchers checked had one hundred% adult men basically reposts or comments - i.e. not maximum individuals yet one hundred% not one "hetero" woman the genuine question must be if so referred to as "hetero" females arent even interested in adult men - what does this then even propose? Are they interested in something and what's it? solutions for those in search of the truth basically

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Time is neither bound by place nor its stopped by following universal truths. It is ever expanding and increasing its more old than the universe. Time cant be defined because it encompasses all the definitions and it holds all the solutions known to us till this date.

• 1 decade ago

Time is a man made concept...

A place is a physical aspect

You can be in the same place at many different times....

Or

Since time is a man made concept, and the place is always changing with 'time' and everyone sees things differently...my preception of things are not the same as your preception of things....so I have heard it said that, "There is no reality only preception.."

• 1 decade ago

WHAT TIME IS

Place is a point in physical space.

Where we are in space is a place we call HERE

Time is a point (moment) in temporal space.

Where we are in time is a moment we call NOW.

Everything is always in movement through time, the infinitesimal moment we call NOW is in constant movement between THEN and the future.

Time flows at a constant rate in only one direction. Movement back in time, from now to then is impossible.

Movement across space as we see it is optional: we are not obliged to move, it seems to us. We may go across the river and through the trees to Grandmother's house, or we may stay home. This is a true way of looking at movement, but it is incomplete to a high degree.

But most movement we are doing is not optional for us, in reality: the Earth is turning on its axis, and as it does so, is orbiting around the Sun, and the entire Solar System is also in constant movement across space.

The optional movements we make in space are defined in four directions: North, South, East and West, Up and Down, or in a point that combines no more than three of these.

The compulsory movements can also be defined in a similar way, but they differ from the optional ones in that they are not optional.

Time is measured in seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, millennia and so forth. Everyone agrees on how to measure time. It is related to the movement of the Earth.

Movement is measured in a variety of ways: inches, feet, yards, miles, or millimeters, centimeters, meters, kilometers. The metric system is more logical because (1) it is related to the Earth (10,000 meters from pole to Equator) and (2) it is divided into easy to understand decimals.

Decimals are easier for people to relate to because we (or most of us) are born with ten fingers.

OBSERVATIONS ON TIME AND SPACE

It is rather strange that time is not measured decimally, but in units of 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, and 365.25+ days in a year.

This becomes a minor difficulty in programming the microwave: mine divides a minute into 100 units, not 60, so 3½ minutes are 3.50 minutes and not 3:30 minutes.

PHILOSOPHICAL OBSERVATIONS

Although we envision the Earth as a central point in a Creation by God, a Perfect Being, we ignore that a logical Creator would have done a bit better than making the orbit of the Earth a strange arrangement of 365.25+ revolutions of the Earth. Presumably, God also created the Laws of Physics as well, and yet they are not internally consistent as one supposes that a Perfect Being would make them.

It is not possible to even have an exact number of months in a year. Again, time as defined by the movements of the Earth, Moon and Sun are not logically consistent in their orbits. There are fewer than twelve rotations of the Moon around the Earth in a year, and there are fewer than 31 rotations of the Earth on its axis in a month.

These inconsistencies cause me to wonder about what some people call the Wonder of Creation. True, it is wonderful that it was created, but the creation itself does not seem to be as well planned as it could be.

One observes that any computer language is considerably more logically consistent than the Laws of Physics. The Laws of Physics, which are an inherent part of Creation, we suppose to be the creation of a Perfect Being we call God Almighty

One wonders if God Almighty, with his illogical arrangement of the Laws of Physics, could get or hold a job as a computer programmer with Microsoft or anyone in a position that uses mathematics in a creative application.

Perhaps he could not create a harmonious system of time and space, because the Laws of Physics cannot be arranged in this way. If this is so, then He can properly be called, not God Almighty, but God Semi Mighty.

Can God cause time to halt? The Bible says that this is happened, but there is no empirical evidence of this.

There are no claims in the Bible that God can travel, or cause anything to travel, backwards through Time. Speculation about a retrograde movement in time seems only to have occurred to madmen until it was made a part of science fiction in modern times.

And yet if God cannot travel back in time or cause anything to travel back in time, then again, he is not omnipotent, not all powerful, not Almighty.

I am thinking here. Please do not become annoyed if I prick the balloon of your faith with my speculations.

• 1 decade ago

Time is a period when an action,process or condition exists or continues.Place is space or room.

Source(s): A dictionary
  • BANANA
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

time is what you waste trying to get someplace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.