How to promote myself (career-wise) as a Quality Researcher?

I have more than 20 years experience in manufacturing and quality.Have invested more than $ 10000 in distance learning courses and programes and in purchasing books and training stuff?Author of 2 famous books in Quality and Six Sigma.But unfortunatly I could promote myself as quality researcher or consultant,comparing to others??Please advise me on how to activate my efforts in this direction?thanks and regards.

Favorite Answer

Make a list of seven employers that need your type of skills. Prioritize them by how likely they are to hire you. Let's call companies A, B, and C your best job prospects. Put the top three on hold at first.

Find contacts at companies D, E, F and G (the four less likely job prospects). Tell them that in the interests of "career development" and "networking" you would like to do a free quality evaluation. This will only take 45 minutes of their time. Interview them on the phone. The goal of this is to produce a one page "Quality Improvement Opportunities" at their company. If you make a good personal connection, you might get them to let you interview one or two other people at those companies. Once you are done interviewing, write up an excellent 1-2 page quality summary. A lot f the information will just be stuff they told you, organized in a sensible compelling form.

Present the report to them. It is even better if they give you feedback, and you then use that to produce an even *better* second version of the write up.

At the end of this, you will have 3 or 4 very nice "white papers" or "case studies" that show the kind of quality research you can do.

You may also be able to generate a white paper or two from your previous work. But it should be focused on one specific company (by name).

Select the three best "Quality Opportunity" white papers you can produce. They need to have high impact, which is achieved by specific company names, specific situations, specific actions. Each must be no longer than 2 pages - and if you can get it down to 1 high impact page, that is better.

Write the best resume you can (of course).

Now, send companies A, B, and C your resume, plus your 3 best high impact "white paper" "case studies" from companies D, E, F, and G and/or your past experience.

The white papers wil make a strong case for your abilities, and wll strongly differentiate you from others.

Good luck!

Those white papers

I took my generic pastimes and matters artwork and english, and then began thinking of sturdy careers regarding artwork and english. So the obtrusive determination develop into artwork instructor which i could rather opt to be. yet, my dad is a tattooist and a few thing intrigued me approximately them, so I tattoo'd my dad pal and it grew to become out suprisingly nicely and while i develop into doing it I enjoyed it and that i purely knew thats what i needed to do, there develop into purely some thing approximately it that I enjoyed, that is laid lower back, and the guy happy with the top result on the top made me chuffed, to no longer point out you get a great form of money for it too :P so basically i could like to be the two an artwork instructor and a tattooist. i assume you in basic terms gotta artwork with what you like and that would help you

write a "moulin rouge" style resume to sell yourself to potential employers... in other words, a dazzling, impressive resume that highlights your experiences, certificates, testimonials, etc... no point just telling them how many courses you've attended when you can't even produce a single piece of certificate to prove all of it