Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Are any of you still working gull time after retirement age?

I retired at age 54 yes 54 but I did not stop working. I can always find things to do. some times for money but most of the time just because i want to do it and try only to get enough to cover the costs. Do any of you still keep very busy working after 65? I now am 67 and not ready to stay home all the time;

Favorite Answer

I am 81 years and I work full time at my own business

There is no way I will retire. Except, you know!!

I think you meant "full" time.Anyway, I am not close to that age yet but I am happy for you that you are able to keep busy.I hope I will be as energetic when I get near retirement age.You may find that some jobs might pressure you out of business but no matter what, find something to do if that is what you want.Cheers.

I think you mean full time, I keep active by working at home, doing my own shopping housework etc. and trying to keep up with exercising, and hobbies. It would be nice to be working at least part time outside of the home, however I have about 12 years over your age, and could use ideas, what to keep busy with ? Yes it is good to keep working. Merry Christmas to you and yours

I'm 73 and still working two mornings a week. It gets me out of the house and gives me lunch money to go out with my girlfriends.

I also help friends out that have had surgery by doing their wash, cleaning up their kitchen, taking them for an outing, etc.

I intend to go and do for as long as I'm able.