Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Do you have a dog that seems to know wxactly what you are thinking?

We have a poodle and that little guy sure has learned our habits and does things to let us know he knows as well. When it is time for me to have my cup of coffee in the morning he will bring one of his toys so we can play after I wake. Then he goes and gets one of my shoes so he can go for his walk. It just goes on like that all the time.

babsie B, Yes I know dogs are quite intelegent. Poodles seem to be the top dog that way. Yes you are thinking correctly, that little guy has trained me just as much as I hav him. Dogs do know habits well but they also can think and when something does change they often figure out what and why. Marry and Happy to you.

Favorite Answer

Poodles are ranked as the 2nd most intelligent breed of dog- border collies are number 1.

It's really amazing how much dogs learn observationally. But it makes sense when you think about it. It's kind of like a blind person learning the layout of an area to a greater extent than a sighted person could. They have this ability because they rely on it to function. Dogs are "blind" in the sense that they do not interact in the most common way that we do, which is speaking. They make up for this through observation and latent learning.

Sometimes I wonder whether my dog isn't a furry human with a tail. I quickly come back to reality though, after realizing that no human could be so acutely sensitive to another living creature.

No, but I have 2 Siberian Huskies that seem to think that I am supposed to be able to read their minds. Whenever my husband goes in to brush his teeth, one of our dogs will sit in the doorway of the bathroom and wait until he is finished, because she knows when he is done, he will give her a little dab of toothpaste. Also, when I am sitting at the computer, she will come up to me, sit down next to me, and nudge my leg with her nose. If I don't immediately pay attention to her, she will put her two front paws on my leg, stand up on her hind legs, and put her face right up in my face. At that point, I am supposed to be able to read her mind to see if she wants to go outside, wants a doggie treat, or is just bored and wants attention. I think she has trained my husband and me as much as we have trained her!

I have seen dogs save people, I have seen them do things when told for the first time ever..I have seen them 'think' like people and emotionally react like people.

It sounds though, as if you have a very specialized routine in your house that your precious pup has learned to a T. Did you train him? Or has he trained you? ;)

Yes, my dog knows when I forget my book upstairs and such. He'll sit at the top step and wait for me to come searching. Very smart and cute behavior.

No. I don't have a dog. I like your dog already.

• DeeDee

that is sooooo cute!

wish my dog would do that ...

all he does is take off up the road and I .. in my pj's have to chase after him like an idiot

screaming .. COME HERE TYSON .. COME HERE!!!

terrible!!

• barb

part of that is habit, you do the same thing every morning.dogs can sense our different moods and emotions, and react accordingly.

no dog.