When did we start using XOXOX for hugs and kisses?

Favorite Answer

In ancient times when few people could write, even their own name, they would make an X and then kiss it to attest to the authenticity of the X. The O, I believe, is a super-simplified emoticon, representing a person with outstretched arms wrapping them around another person in a hug.

When a lot of people were illiterate they would use a the X.

Some Jewish people thought that the X looked to much like a cross so they used the O. Over the years it just turned into xoxo

for hugs and kisses.

Nto actually sure but i can tell you this much, X was used for kisses when I was a child in the 60s.

i have no idea, but it is really sweet to receive a text message with XOXOX in the end!=)

• ?

I don't when but it has been around a long time.

• jerry

when adam 'n' eve were born

wen adam 'n' eve were born!!!

Source(s): my sense of humour!!