Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

installing linux?

hi all,

i am trying to install ubuntu linux on my laptop with just my usb drive as the laptop has no cd or floppy drives. i am putting the downloaded ubuntu from my pc onto my flash drive now, how do i install it on my laptop?

thanks

Favorite Answer

I doubt that you can do that be careful my son installed Ubuntu and then coulnt find a mouse pointer.

Well, it needs to be installed on the flash drive in such a way so it's bootable. and the laptop must support booting from USB drives.

Read the thread in the first link below to start getting some ideas. Otherwise follow the yahoo search in the second link if this doesn't help.

• Plug in the Flash drive to an available usb port, and either set the bios to boot from the usb drive or bootup normally and the run the setup from within windows, depending on the build, you should be able to setup linux as another OS option in the bootup screen.