I am being a really miserable git at the moment and snapping at everyone. What do you do to stop yourself?

Favorite Answer

Then step back and take some time out for yourself. Get away from people and isolate yourself for awhile. Take as much time as you feel you need in order to regain a proper perspective to be able to deal with reality. If you feel tired or stressed out then you need to recharge and take a needed rest. Never feel guilty for doing something good for yourself. If that's what it takes then by all means do it.

P.S. alcohol doesn't count.

What's the problem that bothering you? this time of year is hard on everyone. Crime is up because of the holidays, people fight and actually kill each other because of the holidays. Families get involved in brawls over the holidays.

It's mostly a money matter. Hello, we're all in the same boat. The holidays will be over and we'll all still be here. Hang in there.

When you feel yourself getting angry try and take long slow breaths and remind yourself that you are being touchy and may over react---Is this new? Maybe you are stressed because of the holidays--are you taking any new meds? Some meds can make your blood pressure go up and then you really get cranky.

I'm chronically miserable! What I do is realise I'm snappy and try a few things. First is to listen to music that I love, that usually calms me down. If that doesn't work...

-Go for a looooong walk by myself

-Keep myself busy, reading, going online, cooking etc

-Playing a video game where you shoot/kill people is good for releasing grumpiness

you are probably thinking of all the miserable things of life. why be pessimistic???? look at the brighter side of things. it will make life so much worth living. if you have hurt someone's feelings, apologize without feeling scared. always have a positive mind. quit looking at the negatives. after all, life is not a bed of roses.

Happy smiling :)

• John C

1) get smashed

2) when #1 isn't an option, go take a break in the bathroom and get yourself off. it'll dump some of your stress at the very least.

I start reflecting on everything I have to be grateful for..When I see how good God has been to me in my past, despite my mistakes and failures, I gain some humility and I'm able to get through....

• barb

take a long walk. get away from everyone for a short while. good luck.

i am guessing u will be spending Christmas and new yr single. that will make a person depressed and on edge.

MERRY CHRISTMAS SARA -I,M IN A PISSY MOOD TOO --WERE NOT ALONE --SO--LETS BOTH TRY TO BEHAVE AND WORK IT OUT FOR THE BEST AND TRY TO KEEP ARE CONTROL -LOW STRESS -

Source(s): ROLLER COASTER VS.HOLIDAY SEASON