Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why everyone in this yahoo Q&A obssesed to get the best answers and to get to higher level?

There are some people who do that here... for sure... it's obvious.

I simply want to ask and answer whatever I want to ask without worrying about ''ooohhh I will lose my points so I won't get into level 5 soon.....and I have to give the perfect answer ever so I could impress others until they will vote me....oohh I have to make balance between my best answers and my answers if it's not balance I will look like a dope to the others, I have to save my pride and honor for god's sake, I have to look like an expert of everything to others..... ooohh the higher the level I got, the better people will vote for me..... ooohhh the more I have best answers the more others will respect me answers.''

What's happening here? We all unconsciously need approval from others in so many way, shape and form.

I am not upset here....

I just realized how everybody so obsessed here. And I am asking a question here.

That's it :)

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

i don't give a crap what people think of my number of best answers - people only care about whatever answer is best for their question, and it's usually opinion biased

or it's just plain funny - unfortunately, i rarely try to give funny answers - a tried attempt that fails only looks sad

however!

i do have a personal thing going, where i like to have a high % of best answers, but i'm not foolish enough to believe it reflects on what people think of whatever one particular answer they are looking at

Good old American competitive spirit. Don't knock it.

But I don't think people who get to Level Seven are necessarily those who have maximized their point strategy. In fact, attempts to maximize tend you get you deleted for violations sooner or later.

The points are mostly good for an indicator of how successful people have been at writing best answers. The point system is mostly just for fun, but the ten points at once for a best answer, plus however many thumbs up ratings it might draw, makes the point that we want people to think about their answers and do the best they can.

The fact that it costs five points to ask a question was developed early on in the beta testing. At first, I think it was free, then cost two points (or was it three), and then finally five. And at each change, the number of trolls went down. They run out of points and go away.

So, from my lofty perch on Level Seven, I will tell you that the points are just indicators. The important thing is to give the best answers you can, which means choosing to answer those questions where you really do have some knowledge or experience that can help. In opinion questions, you write your opinions politely and clearly, without disrespect for other people's opinions. And when you ask a question, it is because you want to know what people have to say about it, not just because you want to play around.

And have fun!

Source(s): Been here since January 24.

Well, I don't know why everyone else in this Yahoo! Q&A is obssesed to get best answers and to get to a higher level, but I am obssesed to get the best answers and to get to a higher level, because I am obssesed to get best answers and to get to a higher level, and I will get to ride the Yahoo! float in the Christmas Day parade.

And naturally, I don't wan't to lose pnts, because I won't get to level 5 as quickly.

I obsess to give the most perfect answer ever so I can impress others, thus influencing them to vote for me.

I feel I have to get a better ratio of best answers, so I won't look like an idiot to others.

I have no pride and honor, I suffer from insanity.

I must appear to be an expert on everything to others.

I believe the higher the level I reach, the more people I will influence to vote for me.

In my mind, the more best answers I have the more others will respect my answers.

I know what's happening with me, I consciously need approval from others, in so many ways, but mostly on so many 'levels'.

Yes I know, it was a futile attempt to get the 'Best Answer'. But hey, I had to try, because I'm obssesed....

I am not like that! Noooooooooooooooo!

OK! I am and am not...

When I want a best answer it is when I answer such questions like: Who is coming dining tonight with you?

Or in French.

When I don't care, it is when I have the impression someone is feeling really low...

What I want then is that at least one of us is able to reach out and is able to get through the sorrow...

What upset me the most is people play-acting sorrow...

I answer once a question with all my heart to realize it was a very bad joke... (terribly cruel in fact)

So!

Good?

Do I get a best answer now?

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase....................

Source(s): ;

There are times that I answer to the best of my ability, but other times, obviously, the asker is looking for funny. I like the 10 point bonus, myself, but don't obsess over it. Is there a reason why you're so upset?

The majority aren't bothered about the points.

There are plenty however, who I won't name, who

1) Post single word answers so they can answer as many questions as possible in their time on here, adding noghting to the site at all

2) Set up multiple accounts to give themselves best answers

3) Repeatedly post the same rubbish just because cut "n" paste is quicker

4) Post rubbish like "I don't know", or "Thanks for the points"

Eventually most of these get weeded out

I understand what you mean.but I don't care about points,I just answer questions to the best of my knowledge to help people,I'm not in it for the points.if I ask a question and someone gives me a answer that really helps me I do vote that as being the best answer.If I lose points O-well.(It's better to try to help and fail than not try).

• cat

I guess people feel like at the school and get some grades do their best get more levels and levels. I think that's OK.

I do that too, if I have time.

It is a human drive to be on top and this place just fuels that need, and with the recept awarding of prizes, ti is even more so

am not sure of any prize at the end of this game...but there sure is a healthy competitiion as far as the votes, levels and points are considered...AIM HIGHER...that shud be the motto!!