Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do you get a 56 year old man to leave his comfort zone?

Update:

he is married, says that he loves me but won't leave her because of this damn comfort zone. i'm at a loss, i love him with all my heart and can't even stand the thought of not seeing him or talking to him on a daily basis

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask him what he would do if given 1 month to live.And try and do 1 of those things for the hell of it.Life is short Good Luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try and find things he s intereseted in and work from there, I have the same problem with my father so I 'm taking him on holiday with me I ask him to babysit for me so hel get some time out of the house make suggestions ask him! Tell him you have a friend whose father wont come out of his comfort zone and see what his reply is then youl know what you ve got to do

• 1 decade ago

As in? what! like won't go out and work, play ? what's the question? if he's become a couch potato simply tell him it's either or, show him the door. It's a one way trip out there Buster and winters coming.

• 1 decade ago

Hide the remote control

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't, sweetie. Mind your own business.....leave the man alone. Quit trying to control him. Back off! You need to concentrate on your own behavior! Geeeeze....you are a looser!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How about you walk in wearing a strap-on, with a bottle of rum in one hand and a tube of KY on the other.

That ought to get him feeling uncomfortable...or maybe not.

• 1 decade ago

Let him see YOU get comfortable with the mailman, pizza boy, poolboy, gardener...etc.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know but I got one at home too, so when you find out how to do it...let me know!

• 1 decade ago

kick his cane out from under him

• 1 decade ago

younger women

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.