my computer i had to do a destructive recovery on my computer and one of the recovery disks didn't work?

so now my computer won't even do anything...... is there anything i can do to fix it or some where i can download the recovery disks? I don't have the money to pay for new ones

• Favorite Answer

if you have more then 1 disc for recovery I'm guessing one has the OS and the other has software and drivers that came bundled with the pc. You may have to run the recovery a couple of times to get it to work, I've had the same problem with the emachines recovery disc. Just run the destructive recovery 2 or 3 times and you should finally get it back running, also check the labels of the discs and see which one is which....one should say something like "operating system" and the other "applications"....you may need to do a complete wipe/reformat of the hard drive, and you'd need a 3rd party program for that, the manufacturer of your hard drive should have a tool you can use to reformat the drive, independant of the recovery disc.

No, you could no longer use the restoration disk for a very distinctive computing device and working gadget. in case you could no longer discover restoration disks to your specific computing device, your maximum suitable wager could be to discover a regularly occurring domicile windows OEM setting up CD (no longer a CD that's tied to a undeniable computing device producer) to your specific version of XP - domicile or expert - and set up from that. you ought to borrow one from a chum as an occasion (as quickly as you're completed, you may shop a duplicate of the CD for destiny use). you would be able to provide you the possibility to delete the present domicile windows partitions, and then create new partitions and format them, for the duration of the setting up technique. I strongly recommend you try this. you will additionally be triggered to pass into your product key for the duration of the setting up technique. this could be on a decal related on your computing device.

have you tried going to your PC manufacturer web site to see if you can download them from there?

• booge

on my hp i can hit f10 and it goes to recovery

the only thing you can do now is to reformat your hard drive and then reinstall windows.