How long after you seperate from your wife is it alright to date.?

I'm sixty years old and my wife of 43 years has left me. I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone and don't have a lot of dating years left. When would it be right in the eyes of my adult chrildren and grandchrilden to start looking.

Favorite Answer

as soon as posible my freind, that is alright.

Well, who lives for their children you are an adult. You need what you need. I would publicly wait a yr as in a divorce a yr seems to be fit for even dear abby...or at least 6 months. How would they feel if you discounted their mom and datged asap they would think you would be thinking not so deep for the mom. If your quiet about it and dont blab to the world about your business how will they know. Personally, after my breakup recently with my bf I cannot think about another mate or person at this time it has been 4 months and I suspect maybe after a yr time will make it less shocking. Your in an emotional state to be hasty and quick about getting back into the swing of dating is going to show in your ways with the new person that you are in need and you will start comparing and the new person wont get a fair chance. Do things go places entertain and keep busy with men and women as usual but do not think of dating just yet. You are in a vulnerable state and decisions can mess things up for new comers that you make because your still in mourning. You need to feel comfortable being on your own and being alone and live for yourself. know who you are .

• As soon as you can feel comfortable with another woman and are confidant enough to give the "date" your real self without giving them a lot of negative energy that often emerges from taking part in a bad relationship. In other words, when you can put your best foot forward and be able to let a woman know the real you again.

It would be right when the divorce is final. How it looks to your kids and grandkids depends on WHY your wife left you.

If she took off for no real reason, your kids will be fine w/ you dating. If she left you because you're a cheat, liar, alcoholic, or abusive you need to take some time to work on yourself and forget about dating for awhile.

As soon as you are ready, emotionally. It would be best to at least wait till the papers have been filed. But since your kids are grown, there is no reason to wait.

you know what,forget whats right in their eyes,like u said you dont have many dating years left so do some soul searching ,if you feel youre upto it ,just go for ir dude,no point in wallowing in self pity and losing more time.

• rams

There is no such regulation that you can not date while you are separated. Children and grand children do not need you. If you find some one to your liking you can date and find happiness.

• April

Hey, sweetie, get on line -- Yahoo Personals, Match.com e_harmony, and find that nice lady.... Start yesterday. IF you need some hints, write.

Source(s): Been there, done that and found the prince....

As soon as you are ready. Your children are adults so they should support you in whatever you decide to do.

she left you, start looking now, don't worry about the kids Im sure they just want your happiness

Screw your children and grandchildren.

If they didnt mind you having a 43old wife why will they mind if you date again??