Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

meanpromqueen asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

How come I can't keep my ghost shrimp alive?

I have a ten gallon heated fresh water tank and feed flake food. I have 1 betta and six neon tetra. These are doing fine. But I can't keep my ghost shrimp alive. They keep dying on me. Do they need any special care I don't know about?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ghosts aren't meant to live...

are you sure the other fish aren't... beating up on the shrimp?

-------

brine shrimp are also treats for ghost shrimp - but the agressive behaviour of the betta was what i was aiming at in my second line

• 1 decade ago

Ghost shrimp are a crustaceon and are a normal level care fish. Most of the time, something, like a catfish, attacks them and injures them. They do need to have a good PH level as they are delicate. If you don't have a catfish, watch the betta with the ghost shrimp. Good Luck

Source(s): 10 years pet store owner
  • 1 decade ago

They tell you with Betta's that brine shrimp, etc. are good treats for them..

I'd say Mr. Betta is snacking on your ghost shrimp.. lol..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.