meanpromqueen asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

How come I can't keep my ghost shrimp alive?

I have a ten gallon heated fresh water tank and feed flake food. I have 1 betta and six neon tetra. These are doing fine. But I can't keep my ghost shrimp alive. They keep dying on me. Do they need any special care I don't know about?

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

ghosts aren't meant to live...

are you sure the other fish aren't... beating up on the shrimp?

-------

brine shrimp are also treats for ghost shrimp - but the agressive behaviour of the betta was what i was aiming at in my second line

Ghost shrimp are a crustaceon and are a normal level care fish. Most of the time, something, like a catfish, attacks them and injures them. They do need to have a good PH level as they are delicate. If you don't have a catfish, watch the betta with the ghost shrimp. Good Luck

Source(s): 10 years pet store owner

They tell you with Betta's that brine shrimp, etc. are good treats for them..

I'd say Mr. Betta is snacking on your ghost shrimp.. lol..