Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & Gear · 1 decade ago

On PlayStation 2 when it say's Disc Read Error does this mean the PlayStation is messed up?

I recently bought a, PlayStation 2 at a pawn shop...all three games I bought with it after loading says Disc Read Error.

I know its not good to purchase from a pawn shop but they promised the PlayStation 2 was checked out before I bought it and worked good.

Thanks,

ICHOOSETOTELLTHETRUTH

Favorite Answer

I have actually had similar problems with my ps2 and most of the time yes it does mean that there is a problem with the ps2 unless the discs of your game are dirty, (try them on a friends ps2 to verify...) However the problem isn't as serious as you may think. What my ps2 suffered from was simply being a tad dusty on the inside, since the ps2 wasn't released with an intercooler it got dirty near the disc reading eye easily. i reccommend opening the ps2 up and checking it out, cleaning it with tissues and cutips if u have spray oxygen that would probably be useful too, unplug the ps2 while u are doing this, and never touch the interior with your fingers, or else you run the risk of getting shocked or dirtying the ps2 even further.

I hope this was of use

When thats happened to me its just been a scratched disc or something like that, if you bought the games from the pawn shop then they are preowned and probably scratched the PS2 is an incredibly reliable machine but if you want to test it try a cd or dvd if it doesn't play those and another machine can than it is broken

first of all how did you sparkling the lens? Disk study blunders are uncomplicated on none narrow PS2 whilst grew to become on there factors. place the PS2 flat on all 4 of that is ft and attempt you interest returned. Secondly take it to a video interest shop and ask between the individuals their.

It could mean the disc needs a clean

or you might have to get another disc or ps2

Sometimes. It could also mean your disks are screwed up or have scratches. But it also does that for no reason sometimes.

Good chance that the optical pickup is out of alignment or damaged..

It means that the laser in the console is destroyed

it means that you are going to have to take apart your playstation to fix the problem.