Should I get my car bumper re-painted?

I've recently been the victim of two hit-and-runs in about the past three months. Both times, someone hit my car (I think in parking lots) and left nice little scratches on my rear bumper. Not only is my bumper scratched, but the paint has also cracked and is peeling. I drive a 2001 charcoal Lexus IS 300...

My mom says she'll let me get my car repainted as a Christmas present, but my dad thinks it would be a stupid decision. He believes that it's only a matter of time before my car gets scratched again, and that it would be a waste of money (around $300). But he says it's my choice.

This car is of special importance to me, so I really care about the way it looks. But at the same time, I can't help but agree that I might just be in the same position a few months down the road.

What would you do?

Favorite Answer

I would get it fixed.

It's an '01 Lexus and $300 is an inexpensive repair. If it were an '85 Chevy Rustbucket, I might have a different opinion. What I have found is that if you let that go, you let the next little thing go, and on and on until it looks like junk. The worse it looks, the less pride you have in it and the less you take care of it.

If you want to keep it, keep it looking good, be proud of it, and when it's time to sell it you will get more money for it.

sure you will get it buffed or you ought to objective a easy motor vehicle reducing polish and a few elbow grease. The reducing polish is presented in distinctive strengths, you in basic terms choose for a susceptible capability form first of all yet you could usually get what you go with for from an vehicle mart form places or perhaps maximum gas stations would have what you go with for yet would be slightly greater costly. as quickly as you're pleased with the end you could then wax away. the two could do the trick. good luck

Get the bumper painted if it really bothers you. It's your car afterall and not a waste of money if it bothers you. Some people just don't care about others property.

if it was anything but a Lexus.....I'd let it go. But since it is a Lexus....I'd get it painted

Source(s): 11 yr Lexus expert & painter

Paint it, I can't blame you.

• booge

paint it