why is everyone so obsessed with getting married?

Why are girls so obsessed with relationships? I feel so frustrated with this. A few of my friends are willing to do just about anything to be with a guy, but barely anything for their friends. I don't understand what the big hurry is, it's not like we're going to reach marriage-a-pause or something. Why are girls so willing to give up their friendships for a relationship? Why do we define relationships and marriage as so much more important than friendship? Why is everyone in such a hurry to get married in their early 20's? Is it always like this?

Favorite Answer

Its slowly changing. But there are many reasons. Having someone, who is everything; your friend, your lover, your confidante, etc has great appeal. Unfortunately you find out afterwards that your husband may not care to be all of things with you...he may just want someone to wash his shorts and have sex with...lol. Another reason is children....after 30 your chances of conceiving dramatically drop by like 25% and then they just steadily go down every year after that. (why do you think there has been such a rise in infertility over the last 10-15 years?, women wanted to wait, have careers, and now they are finding that they can't conceive as easily)

It has been taught in history that women who do not marry are considered "old maid". No one wants to be considered this way so they tend to follow the old creed of life. Marry, have children, buy a house etc.

This has been taught to be the American way. It also gives some people sense of security. Some people cannot imagine what life would be like without ever being married, or having children.

You risk your friendship because marriage is permanent. You do not intend on not being with your friends. However, I can personally tell you. it is very hard being friends with someone who is not married.

I have other family obligations and family moments. My single friends call and want to go out, and I cannot always seem to get away. They then become upset, and tell me that every since I got married I think that I am better than them etc. it is hard to maintain a friendship with single friends. But doable.

• hoxha

he's no longer waiting for dedication. do no longer tension him. in case you tension him to marry you, he could blame you for all times. No marriage is extra powerful than one the place a companion isn't commited and could cheat on you. i think that the state you're in exhibits which you haven't any longer communicated nor mentioned this stalemate thoroughly. Is he no longer in touch approximately your emotions? Is he no longer able to enable a prior flame pass? Is he afraid having considered many failed marriages? Has he got here upon somebody else outdoors? something is achievable so verify it out. And by utilising the way, no could desire to benchmark your marital age with people. Ask in case you're quite waiting and not only to fulfil a desire to be married. I had a extra powerful time single, easily. needed I had travelled particularly with whoever i wanted and did each and each of the loopy pastimes i could desire to have refrained from having a consensus over whilst and how....

Im 25 and married and I wanted to get married because I was tired of us shacking up for years without a ring. We called each other "husband and wife" and I cooked and cleaned for him. He's a wonderful man so he was ready to get married too, but I think after you lived with someone for so long and they dont consider marrying you you start feeling like they're having there cake and eating too.

P.S.After I got married my friends started neglecting me not the other way around.

i dont know about the 20's, im in middle 30's and i am enjoying being single too, but if i consider the pregnancy risk,the family someday then i like to get married :) and i am getting married next year to a reat guy named Chris :)

That's a lot of questions, but my one answer is that it seems to be human nature. I agree that it stinks that so many great friends are lost due to the opposite sex, but like I said, it seems to be human nature taking control of the situation.

there are people who really wants to be married if you are not one of them dont be annoyed its their choice.

The biggest regret I have is getting married. BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE!!!! ARGH.