promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

Is it best to have internal or external hard drive on computers?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Use internal for fast loading of programs, use external for mass storage of files (music, videos, etc) and for doing backups of your main machine.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Internal drives are best for running applications. External drives are best for backing up data and also backing up disk images of the internal hard drive in case of a hard drive failure. The operating system of a computer is normally on the internal hard drive.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Internal for booting up into the operating system, putting your programs on, etc........ external is easier if you need a drive for extra storage space, as you don't have to fanny about trying to persuade the BIOS to recognise there's a 2nd hard drive hooked up to the cable inside the computer that connects the Hard drive to the motherboard.

• 1 decade ago

I have both Internal for general use and external for back up the external is a removable USB2 so I can if the computer fails have all my stuff safe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

With the introduction of USB2 external drives are now great for both day to day use and storage, the benifit of external is you have the option to turn it off so it's not spinning all the time saving on its life span

• 1 decade ago

You'll have faster data transfer rates on a internal drive. External drives are more convenient esp. as an additional drive.

• 1 decade ago

internal is the best one for ur question its more easier and less complicating and if ur a inpation person use internal hard drives

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.