Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Why do wife and daughter snoop in my email and?

I'm a faithful husband and good step-father. Yet, i constantly find that my wife and daughter are snooping in my email and personal belongings, personal snail mail. Checking to see what my computer browsing history is an commenting on it. I've resorted to locking up all my personal papers, changing my password & settings and not using auto login but, somehow they are acquiring my password to access my email account.

Should I set my foot down and tell them to stay the Heck out of my personal affairs? I want some form of limited privacy in my life. I'm retired they both have jobs with the government and have some IT person who directs them on how to open my email. I know it is opened on many occassions and many times they have deleted email from people to the trash bin of my email account.

Favorite Answer

hmm sounds like they dont trust you.. but as long you are not doing anything wrong it should be ok.. you should sit down and tell them about it bothering you.. keeping quite about it means yr ok with it .. if all dont work you should do somthing about it .. dont check or direct yr things to yr home address: e.g;

another way is to go to an internet cafe and set up a totally new account(do names or passwords no relating to you).. about yr personal snail mabye u could sign up for a P.O.Box account. i'm not sure about yr area having that postal service..

gd luck

With as many questions as I see from women people who freely and boldly admit to doing this, I surely have faith this guy have been given shafted. I choose men who've snooping different halves, have been as proactive as this woman became. I agree, dealing with somebody's inner maximum issues is an invasion and your marital status has no longer something to do with that.

of course you have rights to some privacy,explain to them they are invading your privacy if that doesn't work , turn the tables and start snooping through they re stuff , go through they re purses ,they re clothes closets , dressers and other personal things if need be , sooner or later they should figure it out if not then i would suggest a good divorce lawyer, because its obvious they don't trust you

• mock-1

do you know if in your wife's past relationships the person cheated on her , and her and her daughter are scared you might be doing the same , when I started learning the computer the book said every few months change your pass word , so try that if that don't stop them then talk to them about it

Perhaps they are just plain snoops my mom is like that infact she admits it she loves looking inside peoples houses and stuff and all sort of stuff. she even says that my sister, brother and i will become snoops because it is in our genes. shes just curious about other people. and i am too in a way. that is why i joined answeres cause i like to know about other peoples lives. and yes i know that saying curiousty killed the cat. good luck and Merry Christmas.

• mimi

You put your foot down! Let them know you will not tolerate it anymore

OH ! ITS VERY COMMON NATURE WITH ALL, BIT INQUISITIVENESS NOTHING TO WORRY -IF YOU ARE FAITHFULL.