Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What does this SENTENCe mean?

Even just a year ago, it didn't seem like there was much first-hand parenting information

from a father's perspective, but now have helped fill that gap.

Favorite Answer

It means that even a small period of time behind the person that we refer to did not take much parenting advice from his -her father but now the things got better

Even as recently as a year ago I wasn't able to find much information from a father's perspective about parenting.(first-hand refers to someone telling their own story of their own experiences as opposed to someone just relating other information). But now I have found something to correct that situation.

NOTE that the sentence you gave us isn't clear or correctly written. There is no subject for the phrase 'but now have helped fill that gap'...It should read something like 'but since then I have been able to fill that gap(find that knowledge).

Hope this helps.

Dads did not tell anything about what it was like to raise kids, now he has.