Is it possible to create a bluetooth LAN betweeen two computers???

Actually I gt a internet connection on my PC which I want to share with my laptop which got bluetoooth.. I want to know if it is possible if so how to create LAN using bluetooth

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello, it is not possible just through the bluetooth. You need to have a bluetooth wireless adapter (like 802.11g). Then you can use that to create a network if you like. Bluetooth by itself doesn't support ethernet.

Think of bluetooth like wireless USB. You can't just plug a USB cable into systems and share internet, but if you have a USB modem or a USB ethernet adapter, then you can share a network.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with The Alchemist but consider that bluetooth is not a very reliable wireless infrastructure since it could only reach small distances. We are talking about 8' max between the router and the computers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can try to connect a crossover ethernet cable between your pc and your laptop (if both have network cards) and thus create a network between them first. After that you can try to use internet connection sharing feature in windows .

• hamic
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

in case you opt directly to proportion internet, you opt on a router, then you particularly can connect the router and it particularly is all accomplished. The router would desire to comprise special instructions, i like the Belkin 54G router because of the fact it particularly is the main inexpensive call-form one i've got stumbled on ($39 at maximum branch shops) and that i realize it particularly works (i've got put in 3 of them) however the form is definitely as much as you. in basic terms a type of Belkins has long gone undesirable, and Belkin replaced it for unfastened. i do no longer understand if all routers comprise this however the Belkin one comes with a setup CD that courses you thru plugging each thing in wisely and immediately courses the router to paintings as nicely as guiding you thru allowing protection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.