Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

What do I say to my friend whose boyfriend has just died?

My friends boyfriend of two yrs was found dead yesterday, suspected heart attack although there not ruling out the possibility that he has taken his own life, we wont know for a couple of days yet my mother spoke to her last night and shes in pieces (shes a friend of my mother as well as me) I need to ring her shortly but I just dont know what to say to her, what can I say to help her or make her feel better? Do I talk about whats happened or do I try and change the subject and try and cheer her up? Shes feeling guilty because they had an argument last week and she didint contact him so she didint get to see him before he died and its breaking her heart! Although he was a very intelligent man he had a lot of problems alchol related and he could be a bit of a nusiance but she was very fond of him, my friend has had so much tradgedy in her life and just when we thought things couldnt get any worse this has happened to her, has anyone been in this situation? serious answers only please!

Favorite Answer

tell her yr sorry .. be dere for her..ask her if she need anything you be there to listen to her.. dont just ring her... go and visit her. hug her etc.. dont talk about it unless she start about it dont even change topic. just go with the flow. relax im sure yr a great fren and it will come naturally..

you may bypass and show appreciate to your boyfriend to his relatives, in basic terms by using fact the two one in each of you probably did no longer get a protracted would not provide you the suited to roll your eyes for the period of his eulogy ... and whether you do no longer care approximately him .. he had a existence ... a quick one, think of how his relatives could sense, how your boyfriend could sense ... to lose somebody .. absolutely everyone isn't uncomplicated and for you to harbor sick will in the direction of the lifeless is rude and immature ... be grateful it wasn't some one on your loved ones and pray that no one will roll their eyes at your funeral.

Tell her sorry fo your loss And comfort her give lots of luv

im sorry of ur lost!i think u should talk to her about it,try to clear up.i dont know how to do that,its a hurd job.

cry together and show her that life is something like this sometimes loosing sometimes borning

nothing.

be there for her. help her cry, talk, get it over with. giv her time, support her.

that's probably what she wants right now.

I'd ask her if any of his stuff is going cheap, I'm after a DVD player myself if you don't mind asking her for me?