How do you get over writers block?

I am writing a new song and the lyrics are their but they don't make sense... at least not to me... Some one please help!!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

it only has to make sense to you,,,so when you sing them you do so with passion..........stay up late, get really slap happy, then skip the beer, and only drink ah Vodka and Buffalo wings, (OK the Buffalo Wing part has nothing to do with what I am saying but yummmm) anyways, Vodka, because then you'll be drunk but have a clear crazy mind, then let your tortured soul just pour out onto your paper...,,,,,,,,,,,,

Write down what you are feeling. Don't worry about rhyming it right away. Just write. Leave it for a while, maybe even a day or two, come back, look at it, and pull the pieces out that you want to use. Also, I find that the "Webster's Rhyming Dictionary" really helps out. I found it a Waldon Books, but I think they got bought out by Borders, so look their. THat's really helped me a lot! Plus, it's pocke size, so it's easy to fit in purse, pocket, or guitar case.

Good luck!

Don't sweat it.

Listen to any song written in the last 30 years. Chances are, half of them don't make any sense at all !

Seriously. A lot of writers seem to be trying to convey a mood, or random thoughts or ideas.

Get away for a few hours, and for inspiration go to nature, an art museum, a concert or listen to music. Being with other creative people is aso an excellent way to become inspired.

Good Luck!

Revenge Star

Source(s): Experience