Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

Do any of you string popcorn these days?

When I was a youngster stringing popcorn on thread as decoration for the tree was comon. Some even dyed the popcorn green and red.. Made cookies in the shape of elves and such and hung them on the tree. Do any do that now?

Favorite Answer

i do with cranberries my children enjoy this

Orville Redenbacher popcorn in the hot air popper gives the fluffiest popcorn for stringing. Every 8 inches or so, we put a cranberry on the string. It's fun to do, looks great, and when we take our Christmas tree down, we cut the strings to about 6 inches and toss them to the ducks and geese at a local pond. They eat the popcorn and can use the thread for their nests.

• Pico

No. I only did that as a child in school for Christmas projects. Whenever I brought them home, the dogs would eat them. We couldn't have anything edible on the tree because of the dogs so that was the end of that.

Yup,were still in the 80's LOL

I have not done that in years. I wrote a note in my calendar book for next year. Gonna do it then.