? asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 1 decade ago

Computer Monitor?

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting on here SO forgive me if its been asked before =(

I have a question... I have a CRT monitor on my computer and when I usually get up I turn it off everytime I get up and Im away from my computer. even if its for like 10 min. And my friends make fun of me becuase they tell me that its wearing my monitor out. Well I dont want to run my parents light bill up so I try to not leave it on.... I dont use a screensaver well, I do but it just goes black at 8 min then goes to where the light turns orange at 10 min mark

Its to the point now , where when i turn off my monitor it comes right back on lol and I have to repeat hitting the off button and it coming back on 4 times before it finally stays off.

So , basically I am just wondering........whats the best solution if I am not gonna be around for just 10 min or less?

Thanks,

Christopher

Favorite Answer

Hi Christopher;

You are right about your CTR monitor running the electric bills up.

CTR's pull more power than the LCDs will AND they get screen burn when left on.

You can change your monitor settings by using to a more user friendly setting by doing the following;

Right click anywhere on your desktop

Select properties

Click on the Screensaver tab

Click on the power settings.

From there you can adjust the way your monitor shuts off when you are away or goes into an idle mode when inactive for a set period of time.

As you are trying to keep the power bills down, allowing your monitor to go to screen saver mode will not accomplish this.

However, if you are working and wish to get some goodies to eat or drink and expect to be away for more than 5 minutes but less than 10 minutes then a screen saver will increase your monitors useful life span and guard against screen burn. I use "blank" setting for my old monitor and it has lasted for 5 years now.

You can set the time to switch to screen saver mode by following the first two steps from above.

Good luck friend. :)

The monitor or display of a computer is the primary user interface. . Many of the problems can be fixed yourself by simply changing the settings.Detailed instructions available at http://fixit.in/monitor.html Visit this site. You will get your problem solved.

Set a screensaver to go black, don't use the "power off monitor" option in power settings.

you should use something referred to as the mirror App this is unquestionably particularly straightforward. no longer many human beings certainly know this yet displays are certainly made from mirrors and workstation boards with a sprint little bit of wires and string. you're able to desire to get a screw driving force set and peel off the adhesive rubber screw protectors around the demonstrate, they could desire to bare screws, eliminate the screws and you ought to have the skill straightforward basically eliminate the demonstrate front conceal. this could show various workstation boards and the demonstrate unit, there will be screws around the demonstrate unit, all you're able to desire to do is take away those screw, lean the demonstrate unit at an perspective and disconnect any wires linked to it. you like a mirror approximately a similar length because of the fact the demonstrate unit which you basically bumped off. Now you're able to desire to take your warm glue gun (silicon works basically besides, yet get the costliest one as that ensures intense high quality adhesion and you do no longer want the wires to return off as quickly as each and every of the screws are decrease back in.), for each cord, place a blob of glue on the decrease back of the mirror, heavily connect each and every cord to the glue, this is not important what gets placed the place, if there's a plug linked to the tip of the cord then basically pull it off. you're able to desire to be very careful, as there at the instant are no screw holes for the mirror, you basically could desire to apply your warm glue or silicon to adhere the mirror decrease back in place, as quickly as you have executed this, place the front conceal decrease back and all this is screws. you could throw away all left over screws, plugs and the demonstrate unit you bumped off. Congratulations you have effectively put in the mirror app.