Is there a way to remove tint from a car window using some method that I haven't tried?

I tried to scrap it up with razor blades and I tried to wash it off with windex and simply green but it seems to be melted on to the window and I was only able to remove half of the tint using conventional methods.So, does anyone have any suggestions for a method I have not tried?

I don't have coverage in my insurance for anything but liability and it is on the back window.Luckly I have not had the problem of the defrost lines being damaged.

Favorite Answer

A sponge or rag saturated with a strong solvent and a scraper will probably work. Try toluene, acetone, xylene, etc. Just make sure you wear an approved respirator, eye protection and gloves when working with it.

I've had luck with a razor blade and laquer thinner, you don't want to breathe the fumes too long. If it is on the rear window with the defrost grid you'll likely peel the defrost grid stuff off along with the tint. The adhesive they use on window tint is evil.

Have full coverage with vandalism coverage by chance?

• I think that once its tinted thats it . you may scratch up your

glass scraping it so just let it alone, otherwise you will have unwanted scratches and even may affect your insurance be careful Go to a professional auto stote and consult with them,

they may have things available Good Luck

Try some kind of Ammonia product. That windex should have done it if it had ammonia.