Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

can hatred and jealosy destroy all merits of some religion or love?

I know some jelous friends of mine that all their lives were thinking how to destory my merits, welfare and love and they have made such good plan that is even better than the merits of my religion. In the end, they have made that in such smart way that they now enjoy hidden from their crimes and I am completelly ruined.

For example, have you seen the advertisment for Peugeot where some huge object crach the whole vehicle and the text goes like this: "Jealosy is hard thing". Well, I have been contemplating that. What about if somebody really destroy your vehicle because of jealosy and you do not get brand new from factory? What if all merits has been destroyed to you by some jealous lunatic and you did not get the recompense for that?

In fact, how to enjoy in your wife, property of life when somebody may unpunished rape your wife, steal the property and destroy your life?

Favorite Answer

I would have to answer "no" to your primary question concerning religion and love. The merits of a religion and the love in your heart and life a priori, if they are true and good can never be destroyed by anyone. In point of fact, these are the things that, in the end, no one can take from you. No matter if (heaven forbid) your wife is raped, or your car destroyed...your love and faith remain. There have been plenty of examples of people in difficult situations who have managed to keep their love of life and their loved ones in spite all adversity. Try reading Walter Ciszek's book "With God in Russia": here is a man who was imprisoned for several years in Russia and his family and friends (and religious order--he was a Jesuit priest) thought he was dead. He kept a journal and in it he records his testament of faith and love in spite of his hardships; he demonstrates the hope and love that we are all capable of. Your friends will only destroy you if you let them. Look to the passages in your sutras, Koran, or Gitas...or Bible if you are Christian, and you will find examples of passages that attest to the almighty power of love; it is stronger than death and much stronger than any "friend" who wants to destroy you. All their evil misdeeds at some point or another will be revealed and judged...and I am sure there are ways you could help bring these things to light.

Jealousy caused the 1st murder to ever be recorded. Cain killed Able because God was pleased with Able's sacrifice and obedience. It is certainly nothing new that people would still act that way 6,000 years later. It is certainly an ugly thing and I feel for your hardship. One thing you can take to heart. You must have been doing something right for your so called probably are ex friends to be so jealous that they would move to destroy your life. I recommend you move on, find a newer better circle of friends , and rebuild as best you can , and I wish you the best.

Sometimes I wonder the same thing.

I try to be the best person I can, but Im constantly cut down by dishonest people.